To Meet TOMATOENC is To Be World Class!
1) CASE-A: FE Analysis carried out to verify safety of the collapsed roof plate during 6 months operating.
2) CASE-B: FE Analysis performed to find out the reason why roof had been collapsed.
Total applied vacuum pressure in calculation is (1.2+0.5)kPa. Buckling pressure of roof plate is (0.95)kPa. Rafter is more strong than roof plate against vacuum pressure. Finally, to collapse this storage tank, vacuum pressure have to be applied at least (0.95x2)kPa. That is, calculation is no problem and very strong external pressure applied on the roof plate. To keep my promise with client, can not mention the reason why roof plate had been collapsed.
- Buckling of tanks sometimes even occurs under wind load during their construction
- To evaluate protection against buckling collapse, the results from an linear elastic bifurcation analysis of thin-walled cylindrical tank are categorized and compared to an associated limiting value.
- CASE-A: Evaluate structural integrity of deformed water storage tank
- CASE-B: Compute maximum limit for additional displacement due to soil settlement